Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum

Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum! Like most online communities you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

Please read over Welcome To 247Fixes to learn more about our site.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Win 10 Inaccessible Boot Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 greensmurfet

greensmurfet

Forum Junkie

• Member+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

Hi, it's been a while. I've got a new computer HP Omen running win 10. The Jan 23rd update was the trigger I believe. I get the sad face blue screen with stop error: inaccessible boot drive then it tries to repair itself and freezes at that point. I had a restore point from Jan 13 that worked that a windows tech wrote over by making a new restore point... HP was also no help. I have two bootable sticks. One is the repair recovery drive I made using Windows. The other is a stick the windows tech tried to make unsuccessfully because they formatted it wrong... So I made it. It's the latest win 10 installation. I tried using it to repair with no success. I tried reinstalling windows with it choosing the option to NOT remove personal files and it tells me it can't do it. I don't remember the exact verbage on why. I've gone into CMD and saved my personal data and appdata. I can reinstall windows and start over but I'd rather not as the computer is new and it takes time get it just the way you like it. Short from reinstalling, any direction I can take this to repair the registry? There isn't much information out there to go on but I read it had to do with third party antivirus and a registry key. That may not be my case but I'm clueless as to what the update did to my computer. Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users