Firstly, you must be registered on the forums. To do this, click the following link and follow the on-screen directions:
- Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- In the left pane, click System protection. ...
- Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
- In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
- Install the progam and select Update
- Once it has updated select Settings > Detection and Protection >Tick Scan for rootkits
- Go back to the Dashboard and select Scan Now
- If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button, MBAM will ask for a reboot
- On completion of the scan (or after the reboot) select View Detailed Log
- Select Export > Select text file and save to the desktop.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Starting a New Topic
Now we need to start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum. To do this, click the following link:
>>Create New Topic<<
In the "Topic Title" and "Topic Description" fields, type a title and description that we can identify your problem with.
Topic Title: Virtumonde Infection
Topic Description: IE Popups and Security Warnings
Then, type a detailed description of your problem in the main text area. This will aid us in analyzing your problem and devising a fix for you. The more information you can give us, the better.
Finally, post the FRST and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware logs so we can get started at fixing your problem.
The 247Fixes Staff