Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum

Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum! Like most online communities you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

Please read over Welcome To 247Fixes to learn more about our site.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unwanted Photo Compression

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Laura

Laura

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi, bare with me i'm new!

My issue is photo compression, i wanted to list some items on ebay, used my epson perfection v500 photo scanner, and noticed the images were in a square format(the items are rectangle) i thought it was the scanner, spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with an epson tech. he suggested i hook it to another computer, which i did, the one i mainly use for photoshop. I selected the images after scanning and they were fine, so i know its not the scanner. I saved the images to a CD and opened them back up on the computer i use for the internet, went to load photos on ebay, and the images were compressed. i opened them up in microsoft office picture manager, paint and Photoshop Elements, they were square when the originals are rectangle. I went back to the computer i scanned them on to check them there again and they were fine. So I'm thinking something in my computer is compressing them, it only started doing this about a month ago. I only know that the computer i have is a dell, don't know the age or model or such. it has a tag on the front that says optiplex 745. my operating system is windows xp pro.

I would appreciate any help, thank on

• goormoumnoxiz likes this

#2 TMFKSOFT

TMFKSOFT

Thomas Edwards

• Member+
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi there Laura!
Apologies for a late reply. If you've not sorted it still you can try the following.

What format are the images? JPEG, PNG or BMP?
If they're JPEG try saving them as a PNG Image.

What software did you use to write the images to a Disk?
Its possible it has resized and compressed them to save CD Space.
If you used something such as Nero try using the default File Writing utility on windows or better yet try a Pen Drive.

Have you tried opening the images on a different PC and checking them. Its rare its the PC causing it and more or less the way they were written to the CD.

If all else fails, if possible try setting your scanner up on the Internet Connected PC and try going directly or connecting internet to the PC with the Scanner.

You could ask a friend or Family member that has a Computer for a Pen Drive if they have one you could borrow.

Hope this helps,

Thanks
Thomas Edwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users