Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum

Welcome to 247fixes PC Help Forum! Like most online communities you must first register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

Please read over Welcome To 247Fixes to learn more about our site.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Computer Running Slower And Slower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 juggle0709

juggle0709

• Member+
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

I am not sure this is the correct place to post this.  I keep my computer hard drive cleaned up really good.  I defrag regular, I run Spybot and Malware regularly, I clear my temporary files regularly, I'm always checking my control panel for unwanted installed programs, I always install thing customly, i.e., no added toolbars, etc.  I go to msconfig and only run what I need all the time.  I am very very picky about tool bars, extensions, add-ons, etc., again, only using what I absolutely need.  I use DuckDuckGo for my search engine, I use Firefox, I do run Adblock, and donttrackme, and lastpass and dropbox.  I have always had all my firewalls and virus programs turned off as it seems to interfer with just about every program I run.  I really have not had any problems otherwise, since you-all helped me get rid of misdirected pages a few years back. 

But yet, with all of this, my computer seems to run slower and slower every day.  I am always waiting for the hang-up and then it eventually goes to the site. 

Please help!   :(

Jane

• SteemaGreence, KneepeBuigree and goormoumnoxiz like this

#2 juggle0709

juggle0709

• Member+
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

No ideas?  Anyone?  Maybe I DO have it posted in the wrong area.

#3 turtledove

turtledove

247 Instructor

• Administrator
  • 1,250 posts
  • Interests:Helping others, fixing computers, music, reading

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

You should post in Malware Removal Forum, not running Firewall or AV you likely picked up something. Things are more sneaky these days.
Also what amount of space is on hard drives, and how much memory do you have? These are also factors as well.

Kind Regards

#4 TMFKSOFT

TMFKSOFT

Thomas Edwards

• Member+
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Just to add to this post, Have you tried installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Its free and I've not had any issues with it for the past 3/4 years.
If it picks up anything that will mean theres something bad on your PC.

Plus how long have you had the machine, They can gain some clutter that slows it down after a while and a simple clean can help it out.
Even something as simple as clearing your Browsers Cache!

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,
Thomas Edwards

#5 juggle0709

juggle0709

• Member+
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just to add to this post, Have you tried installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Its free and I've not had any issues with it for the past 3/4 years.
If it picks up anything that will mean theres something bad on your PC.

Plus how long have you had the machine, They can gain some clutter that slows it down after a while and a simple clean can help it out.
Even something as simple as clearing your Browsers Cache!

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,
Thomas Edwards

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will check on these things and get back on here.  At the moment, I have a HD crashing on another computer that I need to back up while I can which now takes priority. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users